Lance completed his BA and B.Proc degrees from the University of the Western Cape and also obtained an LLM in Labour Law from the University of Cape Town.
After completing his BA and B.Proc degrees, Lance joined Henry Shields Chiat Attorneys in 1999 as a candidate attorney and was admitted as an attorney in 2000.
Lance completed the CCMA and Bargaining Council accredited Commissioner training programme and practised for his own account until 2007. He also lectured labour relations at the University of Cape Town’s Commerce Faculty. In 2007, Lance moved back into full time legal practice by joining Deneys Reitz as an associate.
Lance was made a partner in 2012 at Deneys Reitz (now known as Norton Rose Fulbright) and was the head of the Employment and Labour Department in Cape Town until July 2015.
Lance joined BCHC Attorneys as a partner and commenced practicing with the firm from 1 November 2015.
- BA Degree (University of the Western Cape)
- B Proc (University of the Western Cape)
- Master of Law (University of Cape Town).
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
- Member of the South African Society for Labour Law
- Member of the Cape Law Society Labour Specialist Committee